This is a review of how i was humiliated at the easyhome location on carling ave., located in Ontario (Ottawa). In the past rental agreements I have had with easy home, have been pleasant overall, but, on the 30th. of October, 2010,i left the store with a receipt showing i paid for a month upfront, and in a state of confusion as too, what the heck just happened here.

Upon arriving at the store, i was approached by a salesman,(forget his name)who was pleasant. I was in need of a living room furniture, and thought about you all for about 6 months. I proceeded to bring the salesman to the couch set of my choice. He proceeded to try and convince me to purchase a cheaper one, but after I convinced him of the one i wanted he decided to get an application, as i filled it out he was peering over my shoulder, and abruptly said, oh, you live in Ottawa housing?. I asked him why?, and he told me that your business does not deal with Ottawa housing. Something to do with Ottawa housing not giving information to validate a renter. I told him, I will take my chance.

The store had 4 people in it, and the store was experiencing problems with their computer. I was asked by my salesman, to come back on Tuesday, the 2cd. of Nov.. I said no, and he was annoyed by his facial expressions. He asked me what O.D.S.P. was as my income. I told him I was on disability.

I proceeded to follow him to the cash, and gave him 108.00 for a down payment for a month on the furniture.

The salesman, mumbled something about how he was to know what the abbreviated form of my pension was... He quickly turned to his fellow work mates and asked, Do any of you know what o.d.s.p., means. Just his physical motions or reactions truly make one feel less of a human, or rather not welcome at easy home.

I left the store with a receipt for 108.00 and told that it could take anywhere up to one to two weeks.On the 2cd. of November, the salesman called me at home to tell me i needed new people to contact, as they could not get a hold of those people originally given..It is now the 14th. of November so i gave them a call..I was told by a gentleman named Peter, that they are very busy right now, and things take time, and that they are not telemarketers, and keep calling people..All i expected was that out of respect and to keep your prospective customers happy was another phone call within the 10 days to tell me of problem..I was told, that I should be calling and asking, well, i waited until the two weeks was up, that i was told on my initial arrival at your store. It was NOT, an appreciative way to treat a customer..I said, forget it and hung up. What has happened to your customer satisfaction agreement..Perhaps i should re think my trust in your company..

Yours truly;

Dumbfounded

Had an Experience with Easyhome?

Comments

holly.moore
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada #892493

Hello, I am a journalist working on a story about the Rent to Own industry in Canada. I am looking to speak to people about their experiences with Easyhome and other stores to talk in a newsstory I am working on. My number is 204-788-3210 and my email is holly.moore@cbc.ca

Miramichi, New Brunswick, Canada #620604

Concerning Easy Home 913.

How can a business grow with a Store manager and a so call assistant manager that are only there about 40% of the time and then they have the gull to lie and accuse others to cover their poor customer service . Don't they have an Distrcit Manager or maybe is he on of their buddy! What a joke.

to poor management Hamilton, Hamilton, Bermuda #620614

ALL of their stores are like this.They teach employees how to get people hooked into contracts and then screw them out of money.

The government should step in and regulate the amounts they are allowed to over charge for products.

If you do the math you almost always pay 3x the retail value to rent/lease the furniture.As far as Im concerned it should be treated like the pay day loan companies and the GOV should step in to set standards.

holly.moore