My mom and I both went into Easyhome after seeing ads for Black friday sales a year and a bit ago. I ended up getting a tv and she got a computer, washer and dryer. Seemed like a great way to get what we wanted without paying the big bucks up front!

Right away, the service left much to be desired but we kind of shrugged it off. Than, from the moment we got our stuff delievered, there was problems. Her computer didn't work correctly for more than a week at a time and we had issues with the washer/dryer. My mom would call them continuously about these issues, most of the time with no response. When they finally did respond, it took way too long for something to be done.

Thankfully my tv was fine and after lots of bumps, I was able to pay it off and not look back. My mom still had hers to pay for however. She ran into some financial issues, and quickly told Easyhome her payments would not necessarily be on time. She ALWAYS made sure to contact them and keep them updated. A few months ago, her computer stopped working altogether so she went back to her old one she had smartly held onto. She called easyhome about it a bunch of time with little response. She had been late on payments and they had locked her access anyway. For 3 or 4 months, she heard nothing. Finally she decided she was just going to return it. She called a few weeks ago and was told she could do so and the money she had paid for it could go towards a new item. They told her to bring in the computer and a USB stick so they could take everything off it for her. She went in today to do that, with the entire computer. After giving it to the manager at the counter her proceeded to ask her what she wanted to do about the financial situation. She was puzzled and asked what he was talking about. He started asking about how she wanted to pay for the washer and dryer which she was told was already paid off months ago! No one had called or came looking for the products or said anything! Than he told her that she also had to pay for the past few months on the computer which hadn't even been working and told her the monthly price was way higher than it had been before. He yelled all this at her in the middle of store in front other customers, by the way. Told her he had reported the computer as "stolen". Meanwhile he knew exactly where it was and made no effort to do anything about it. No one ever came and tried to take it back which is what is supposed to happen if you don't make payments, nor did they say anything everytime she called.

I have never seen a customer service representative be so rude or condescending in my life and he changed the story constantly. She asked about unemployment insurance because my dad had been laid off and she had told easyhome that early on, he told her it didn't apply because some of her payments were late. That was never told to her before.

I have never seen anything like it and will not stand for it. I understand that my mom wasn't always on time with payments and there was some amount of miscommunication, but she was also clearly lied to and this manager was rude and his behaviour was unacceptable. No one in the store was ever any different.

I will NEVER as long as I live go into another Easyhome and I hope lots of people see this and know not to either.

Had an Experience with Easyhome?

Comments

holly.moore
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada #892448

Hello,

I am a journalist working on a story about the Rent to own industry.Can you please get in touch at 204-788-3210 or holly.moore@cbc.ca.

I am looking for people who have had experiences with the companies both good and bad, to be a part of a newsstory.

thanks so much Holly Moore

Denver, Colorado, United States #853088

You guys sound like pain in the a$$ customers.I love how everyone says customer service gets poor when they stop paying.

Try that at a restaurant. "I'll pay you later" see the customer service you'll receive. Same with a car dealership or ANYWHERE. When you don't pay, you don't get service no matter how many times you rented before.

Wake up people.

If you can't afford it don't rent it!Its not this company's fault you're broke.

to DevilsAdvocate Hawkesbury, Ontario, Canada #855149

Actually they did the same to me recently and I've been a customer for 4 yrs and have paid off my items without being late.......So scram now little EasyHome hired shill/plant.Everything on this site is true I know thru experience dealing with them, Almost finished with the payments of my washer has had a problem since the first day I had it, sent it to get fixed now they gave me one that doesn't even spin/drain so its full of water and looks like the manager gone on vacation last time I had to wait because the van was getting fixed!Well you know what Easy Home I'm disabled and on a pension because of muscular issues with my back.So if this continues I'll start doing some social engineering and start a couple of groups where people have been laughed at by EasyHome and you will be taken down wallet by wallet.

And plz keep your idiots out of forums that speak the truth.You have been warned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

holly.moore